Bianca Flores was born and raised in Yakima. She graduated from Eisenhower High School, got her associate's degree at YVC, and transferred to Central Washington University. She is currently pursuing a B.S. degree in Food Science and Nutrition in hopes of becoming a registered dietitian.
Her interest in food and nutrition was a natural fit for Bianca to serve at St. Vincent Centers Food Bank. She regularly helps with food distribution on Tuesdays and Fridays and translating recipes handed out to Food Bank patrons every Friday.
Bianca, along with her husband and their dog, really enjoy being outside. Last summer, they spent a lot of time exploring the parks, taking walks, and finding new trails to hike. In the winter, Bianca is enjoying reading books and experimenting with her recipes to find healthier ways to cook/ bake old favorites. Next summer, her family intends to plant a garden at home to add more fresh vegetables into their diet.
It's really a pleasure to have Bianca as part of the St. Vincent Centers Food Bank team.
Bring Hope to Life with Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington!
Volunteer Opportunities Listed Below
Organize a Donation Drive with your Friends, Family or Parish!
St. Vincent Centers
Clean out your closets and your pantries…
- Gently used clothing for men, women, and children needed.
- The Food Bank can use canned goods, granola bars, crackers, cereal and other shelf stable food items.
Donations are accepted Wednesdays and Thursdays 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at
2629 Main Street.
Moving or downsizing? Donate your extra household items and gently used furniture!
Call (509) 783-7020 to schedule your donation.
Richland and Yakima
Support young families in Central Washington with basic needs!
- Toilet paper and other personal hygiene products
- Diapers of all sizes but especially 4,5,6
- Blankets, throws, mittens/ gloves and hats
- Children's clothing or small toys from ages newborn-age 5/6
- Wipes and other basic needs for baby hygiene
- Feminine hygiene products
Contact Syndee Sauceda at 509.946.4645 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Help bring hope to life in your community!
St. Vincent Centers*
Food Bank Prep Crew Tuesdays: 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m., Fridays: 6:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m. Must be able to lift 25+ lbs.
- Food Distribution 8:00 a.m. -12:15 p.m. Fridays. Must be able to lift and carry 30+ lbs.
- Available Weekday Mornings or Saturdays? Help out at St. Vincent Center Thrift Store. We can use your support sorting and pricing donations, straightening and cleaning around the store, and greeting customers as they shop.
Driver Needed to help get clients to appointments and errands.
Coming Soon: Volunteers needed to assist with yard work.
Drivers Needed to help clients get to appointments.
Volunteers needed for yard work, heavy lifting, handy work, and other emergency tasks.
(Volunteers are especially needed in the Ellensburg area.)
Catholic Housing Services*
Want to learn to Build a House? Serve with our housing development in Prosser.
Catholic Housing Services*
Assemble Learning Kits for Families in the Lower Valley
*All volunteers wear masks, use other personal protective equipment as needed, and practice good hand hygiene. Before each shift there will be a health screening.
Your help is needed throughout our service areas, if your community is not mentioned, still let us know your intention, and we will see if we can match you with a need.