If you have a child under 5 who has been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, it can be overwhelming to navigate all of the emotions and next steps. Catholic Charities has services available to meet your child’s and your family’s needs. Behavior management skills and specialized treatment, such as Applied Behavioral Analysis, are used to address the needs of each child.
The Applied Behavior Analysis Day Program is a 12-week intensive treatment program, developed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, The program includes proven teaching methods, including naturalistic teaching, discrete trial training, reciprocal imitation teaching, speech therapy, and other treatments within an individualized plan for each child. Children work one-on-one with a certified behavior technician.
- Children 2- to 5-years old
- Child has a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder from a medical provider of a Center of Excellence, as well as have a prescription for Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services
- At least one parent must commit to an hour a week for one-on-one parent training
- 90% attendence is required over the 12-week program
- Parents are responsible for transporting the child to and from the program
The program is designed for children to:
- Learn social skills: sharing, turn-taking, sitting at a table, circle time, etc.
- Increase academic and cognitive skills
- Develop expressive and receptive language skills
- Demonstrate appropriate activity participation – sitting at a table, circle time, learning routines, and transitioning between activities
- Reduce inappropriate behavior
- Improve ability to transition successfully
- Address adaptive skills: feeding, toileting, etc.