Coming Soon: New Journeys First Episode Psychosis Program
NEW JOURNEYS FIRST EPISODE PSYCHOSIS (FEP) PROGRAM
The New Journeys Program focuses on providing critically needed early intervention and comprehensive treatment to youth and young adults who are experiencing their first episode of psychosis. A team of coordinated mental health specialists works collaboratively with clients, their families, doctors, teachers, employers, and other significant people in each client’s life. They help clients identify their personal goals and needs for recovery. The goal is for individuals experiencing their first episode of psychosis to return to meaningful activity in their job, school, home, or other areas of life.
WHO DO WE SERVE?
- Ages 15-40
- Lives in Chelan or Douglas County
- Experiencing symptoms no longer than two years
- Not already receiving treatment for psychosis
- Symptoms not known to be caused by a medical condition or drug/alcohol use
THE CLINICAL TEAM WORKS TO ACHIEVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Identify people who are experiencing psychosis as early as possible;
- Establish a trusting relationship based on respect and genuine belief in the person’s ability;
- Provide a comprehensive and accurate assessment of the individual’s medical condition, strengths, goals, and needs;
- Stabilize the individual’s symptoms and living situation;
- Provide information on the individual’s psychosis and on ways to reduce barriers to the individual successfully engaging in treatment and recovery;
- Preserve the individual’s family and informal support system;
- Help the individual and family develop the skills, knowledge, and social support needed to be successful in managing the condition in the long-run;
- Successfully transition young people to ongoing supports and services in the community.
THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE:
- Community Outreach and Education
- Individual Resiliency Training (IRT)/Individual Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Educational and Vocational support
- Family Education and Support
- Case Management
- Individual Medication Management (with the utilization of low-dosage medication)
REFERRAL AND CONTACT INFO
COMING IN JANUARY 2020
For more information on Washington State New Journeys programs, visit https://www.newjourneyswashington.org/.