Bring Hope to Life with Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington!
Volunteer Opportunities Listed Below
Organize a Donation Drive with your Friends, Family or Parish!
St. Vincent Centers
Clean out your closets and your pantries . . .
- Gently used clothing for men, women, and children needed.
- The Food Bank can use canned goods, granola bars, crackers, cereal and other shelf stable food items.
- Moving or downsizing? Donate your extra household items and gently used furniture!
Richland and Yakima
Support young families in Central Washington with basic needs!
- Toilet paper and other personal hygiene products
- Diapers of all sizes but especially 4,5,6
- Blankets, throws, mittens/ gloves and hats
- Children's clothing or small toys from ages newborn-age 5/6
- Wipes and other basic needs for baby hygiene
- Feminine hygiene products
Please contact us through the website for more information about where to bring your donations.
St. Vincent Centers
• Volunteers Needed 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays at the Food Bank. *
• Available Weekday Mornings or Saturdays? Help out at St. Vincent Center Thrift Store.*
We can use your support sorting and pricing donations, straightening and cleaning around the store, and greeting customers as they shop.
• Like to drive? Help clients get to their appointments and run errands. *
• Enjoy Building Things? Ramp Builder needed to keep client’s homes accessible. *
• Drivers Needed to help clients get to appointments. *
•Volunteers needed for yard work, heavy lifting, handywork, and other emergency tasks. *
(Volunteers are especially needed in the Ellensburg area.)
Catholic Charities Housing Services
• Want to learn to Build a House? Serve with our housing development in Prosser. This winter, we are framing.*
• Assemble Learning Kits for Families in the Lower Valley*
*All volunteers wear masks, use other personal protective equipment as needed, and practice good hand hygiene. Before each shift there will be a health screening.
Your help is needed throughout our service areas, if your community is not mentioned, still let us know your intention, and we will see if we can match you with a need.