Child Nutrition for Child Care Providers

At Catholic Charities, we understand how important a nutritious meal is to a growing child’s development. That is why our nutrition specialists help promote healthy eating habits and good nutrition by monitoring and reimbursing child care providers for preparing meals that meet USDA guidelines.

Providers are given a two-hour training when they enroll. The Catholic Charities nutrition staff visit three times per year to offer guidance, support, and oversight.

The Catholic Charities nutrition program is free and open to all licensed childcare providers in Yakima, Kittitas, Benton, Franklin, Klickitat, Clark, Skamania, Chelan, Douglas, Grant, Adams, Cowlitz, Columbia, Spokane and Walla Walla Counties.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement: 
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Adobe Stock 134448624

Contact & Information

Yakima, Kittitas, Benton, Franklin, Klickitat, Clark, Skamania, Chelan, Douglas, Grant, Adams. Cowlitz, Columbia, Spokane & Walla Walla Counties

Contact: (509) 565-7177 or email Kristie Patrick

Contact Us Here and We'll Reach Out to You